Thursday 26 February 2015

Hurray for Hellebores!

This weekend was the fabulous Hellebore day at Bosvigo Gardens in Truro, it's the third year that I have been and, as ever, it didn't disappoint.

Check out previous visits here and here.

It is truly the most inspirational and uplifting early spring garden, it restores your faith in the new season and galvanising you into enthusiastic action for the new year.



Truly gorgeous Hellebores...


...but also Hamamelis, Snowdrops and Eranthis




Single Hellebores...



...with drifts of Pushkinia and Snowdrops underplanting them.


Doubles...



...speckled...


...darkest of dark...


and splotched.


Hellebores even made it into the refreshment tent!

And my purchases...




...a beautiful creamy yellow single with bright green leaves...


and a glorious white speckled double.

I'm very pleased pleased with my haul which adds to my collection that has grown year on year, but that doesn't stop me planning the list for next year.


A double green and a very dark purple maybe?





1 comment:

  1. They really know how to put together a winter garden. Fabulous pics.

    ReplyDelete