Friday 9 January 2015

January Joy!

As I was grumping up my garden path this morning attempting to ignore the death and destruction around me (nothing untoward has happened, I just need to clear, cut back and tidy A LOT!) something caught my eye. 
A splash of colour bobbing in the wind made me focus past the collapsed Acanthus and over the slimy remains of Hosta.


How beautiful is that!
It's the Bosvigo Double Hellebore that I bought at last years sale. The ones I bought the year before are only just showing above the ground, the leaves still tightly curled but this one is in full flight.

Which got me thinking. Hellebore Day must be on the horizon!

And  a quick check confirmed it as Saturday 21st February 2015. Opens at 9.30am and closes at 4pm.
More info here.
HURRAH! 

I feel much better now there's a plant buying opportunity in view. It might even motivate me to clear some space to plant some more in - one can never have too many Hellebores!


No comments:

Post a Comment