Tuesday 16 December 2014

Pruning with an agenda!

This weekend was a pruning weekend. Overgrown shrubs, trailing climbers and misshapen bushes - all licked into shape in the space of an afternoon. Why did I choose a weekend so close to Christmas, when the shopping frenzy is reaching it's peak, the preparation for guests is already overdue and we have two teen birthdays two days away to be unprepared for? 
My mind was focussed (or some might argue diverted off track) by the need for festive decorations and my love of the Christmas wreath.

So an afternoon of pruning left me with this...


and this.


So I looked out the willow bases that I made last year...


wrangled some prunings...


and came up with this for the front door...


and this this for the back!


I love a wreath, and I love even more that I grew the materials used!

The greenery I used was Rosemary, Senecio, Ivy, Euonymous (gold and silver), Griselinia and Berberis.

Sadly there is still a massive amount clearing and sorting to do in the garden, it wasn't even dented by my efforts and looks no better. My front and back doors do though!


No comments:

Post a Comment