Monday 28 October 2013

Autumn colour in the Windy City.

I was slightly apprehensive to be in the Capital when the 'Superstorm' was due, and at six o'clock this morning it was quite wild but a bit of an anticlimax after the build up, and London has managed to survive reasonably well. Trees are still standing (mostly) and even still have leaves on. 
I was worried that this was going to be one of those autumns that happens overnight - trees in full leaf, then trees stripped bare, with no colourful in between bit, but on venturing out in North London this morning I still found plenty of colour so I thought I might share it sharpish just in case the storm gets any more super. 
Magnificent Maples

Rusty Rhus

Golden Robinia

More Maple


Beautiful Burberris

Deep Physocarpus (I think)

Multi colour Maple

Whirling Sycamore leaves

And added to all that I found lots of berries, so many in fact that I think they will have to be another post. So, on with the half term break, and the sightseeing and I will just have to wait and see what the storm has done to my garden back home in Cornwall - are there any trees left standing down there?

No comments:

Post a Comment